Children during these ages demonstrate intelligence through the logical use of symbols related to abstract concepts. Thinking is abstract and hypothetical, and can be egocentric. In order to meet the needs of individual student, this program adopts a flexible approach.
Method: Chinese Tutoring, Selected Reading, Language Games, Culture Appreciation.
- Formulate their thought clearly in Chinese.
- Be able to recognize the frequently used Chinese characters.
- Perceive differences between Chinese and mother tongue.
- Develop four linguistic skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Acquire preliminary cross-cultural awareness and international perspective.