The Business Mandarin Course is designed for learners who have business activities in Mainland China or need to communicate with colleagues and clients in Mandarin. After this course, students are expected to be able to communicate with at least the following abilities:
- Appropriate expressions at polite social occasions.
- Traveling, telephoning and appointment making.
- Commercial activities such as giving an introduction of a company, product or service, quotations and reviews.
- Consulting, negotiating, bargaining, writing plans.
BEGINNER Business Mandarin is for students learning necessary Chinese expressions for daily commercial communication and skills for polite social intercourse.
INTERMEDIATE Business Mandarin is for students who acquire language skills in day-to-day social dealings.
ADVANCED Business Mandarin contains social gatherings, office work and day-to-day operations, and is for the training of advanced learners in language skills for business information exchange.
- Commonly-used basic commercial vocabulary.
- Commercial Chinese expressions.
- Chinese characters.
- Real commercial case.
- Cultural background knowledge.
Each 28-session Business Mandarin Level One course is tailor-made. Students learn vital Mandarin expressions and phrases that can be used in both business and day-to-day settings.
At the completion of the course, students will be able to use the appropriate expressions during greetings, introductions, apologies and congratulations. They will also be able to use Chinese when haggling, travelling, riding the bus, making a phone call, or confirming an appointment.