Learning Cantonese in Hong Kong can be fun! Our Cantonese courses are designed to help students develop practical communication skills in Cantonese while working and living in Hong Kong. We offer tailor-made course materials for both English and Mandarin speakers. Your teacher is not just a native Cantonese speaker, but a trained professional who will make sure that you get what you pay for in terms of language proficiency and progress. We guarantee you will be able to communicate in simple phrases even after your first Cantonese class!
We offer two types of Cantonese courses: Private and group classes
If you need flexibility, you can consider a private class that features:
- Total flexibility in scheduling your classes
- Learning at your own pace
- Customized course materials
- Personalized learning content
You can decide what type of content you wish to focus on and your tutor will develop a structured curriculum to help you achieve those learning goals.
Our small group classes start on an on-going basis. Group classes are held at our training center, or at your office/home. Features include:
- Small group size (2-4 people per class)
- Flexible location
- Group dynamics
- Interactive games and activities
We are more than happy to arrange fun, effective, and practical Cantonese in-house corporate training classes for companies in Hong Kong. Feel free to contact us to arrange a 2-4 person Cantonese training course at your office, or at our location in Central.
We are also happy to arrange private one-on-one online Cantonese courses for students who prefer learning online. You can meet your teacher over Skype/Zoom/WeChat/Google Hangouts. Contact us to arrange an online private Cantonese teacher for you!
All our Cantonese classes feature a learner-oriented approach to instruction. While course content can be customized to meet different needs, courses generally include instruction in the following topics:
- Money, Numbers and Dates
- Personal Introduction
- Suggestions and Comments
- Weather and Date
- Tour around Hong Kong
- Personal Feelings
- Daily Activities
- Getting Around
- Asking for Directions
- Giving Orders
- Talking about Families
We are happy to offer a trial class. Contact us at [email protected] to book a trial lesson now.
From learning vocabulary to speaking simple sentences, all course content covers a host of useful daily expressions. These simple phrases encourage the use of Cantonese in daily life. Class topics are carefully chosen and based on real life situations.
- Learn functional words and sentence patterns. Basic Cantonese grammar structures are gradually introduced.
- Short reading passages are taught alongside conversation. Students are encouraged to describe circumstances and express ideas.
- We focus on developing the student’s ability to speak in full sentences and progress towards describing situations.
- New vocabulary will always be reinforced in later lessons from different activities.
- Our Private One-on-One Cantonese Course can be tailored for kids or adults. You can take classes at our location in Central, or at your home/work.
Renting a House
Buying a House
Where Do You Live?
Where Is It?
Asking for Directions
On the Phone I
On the Phone II
Introducing a Friend
Have You Brought It?
At the Airport
Chinese New Year
Hong Kong Pastimes